Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Jan 2nd

Tape
Linklater caught my eye with Slacker and the amazing Waking Life, before becoming more well known with A Scanner Darkly so I was interested to see this film. Some people might find the camera angles and shot format slightly jarring, but I really enjoyed it, and the fact that is shot purely in one location. You can tell it was taken from a stage play, but for me that doesn't detract at all. The acting is top form as you'd expect given the talent involved. Lots of suspense, twists and turns.

V For Vendetta
I finally bothered got round to watching this, having stayed away for the bashing it was given, the fact that Alan Moore didn't want to be associated with it, and the involvement of the Wachowski's...
I'll fully admit I still haven't read the comic it was based upon so can't judge either way on the adaptation and any justice it may or may not do to it, but for a standalone distopian vision of the future it wasn't too bad a film. Certainly a better film than LXG, which suffered from a lot of the same complaints/criticism as this. Although saying that; I didn't mind LXG either...

No comments: