Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jan 20th

School of Rock
I think this would have been a lot funnier had I seen it when it first came out. After having heard the premise and most of the lines over the last few years, and the existence of the Gene Simmons reality show Rock School where he actually made the comedy concept a reality, the film appeared to fall slightly flat of it's desired outcome. It had some funny elements to it, but just didn't do anything for me.

TMNT
It took me a while to get into this film; firstly to get over the artwork and animation, and secondly to get over the voices.
The artwork worked for the Turtles and the various creatures throughout the film, but something about that humans didn't quite work in my eyes. Only a small quibble that I did get over with. The voices however were a bit more jarring, especially Splinter's. Maybe that's because I grew up on the original cartoon series and expected the same quality, I don't know.

My minor problems aside, the actual film wasn't bad; a standard animated adventure in the Turtle style - it was never going to be an award winning film, but it succeeded in what it was; a light-hearted children's adventure. And who can say fairer than that?

No comments: